Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Messenger Style Bag

I have been wanting to make one of these bags since I first started sewing and today, I finally did!



I think I'll call it The Alexis Bag, after my sister because she is going back to nursing school in the fall! I really admire her so much. She had stopped school to stay home with her daughter, Morgane. But now that Morgane is old enough to start pre-school, my sister is going back to school. Her name is Vivian but her middle name is Alexis. Real quick background story on our names... My mom is obsessed with "Gone with the Wind" (as am I). She named Vivian after the actress who plays Scarlett O'Hara and she named me after the character's daughter, Bonnie.

Anyway, Vivian is pretty much the best cook ever! She makes up her own recipes and I am so glad she lives down the block from me because I'm ALWAYS eating over at her house! She just started a blog, vivre where she's posting some of her recipes and kitchen adventures. Go follow her!



So this bag is just awesome. I think it's perfect for students. I added slots for pens and highlighters and two giant pockets. I just love all the fun bursts of color. And it's for sale in my shop!






On a side note, I think grey is my new favorite color. Seriously. I'll have to write a post about it in the future. I might even paint my living room grey. Stay tuned for that!

Linking up here!

11 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!!! Great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stinking cute! I love the pops of color on the inside! This would be perfect for some college kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are too sweet! can't believe i have a bag named after me! Thanks so much... now i'll have to name my next kid after you. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!

    Gray is definitely a fantastic color. I painted all the walls in my living/kitchen/dining area a blue gray that I love. It's been such a fun neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bag and love the fabric!! Stopping by from Sew Much Ado.

    This is what I share this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/05/red-simplicity-cynthia-rowley-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the gray too! i love the blast of color when you open the bag the most though. i love that blue pocket and the yellow lining. perfection! what is the yellow fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute. i am loving the grey and yellow combo lately

    ReplyDelete
  9. finest art of bags selection and collection really great selection.....
    Buy Branded Bags

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!