Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Go Anywhere Bag


I've had Anna's Go Anywhere Bag Pattern on my to-do list for awhile now. I kept putting it off because it seemed a little complicated to me. But it really wasn't! It came together quickly and the pleats didn't even give me a headache. I'm so happy with it! I made it last week and have been wearing it everyday.



This was my first experience with piping. I used a zipper foot, as per Anna's advice, and it wasn't difficult at all. I think it gives the bag a really nice finish. The fabrics I used were: Melody Miller Ruby Star Rising- Vintage Ladies, Robert Kaufman Yarn-Dyed Essex Linen- Denim, Michael Miller Ta Dot- Fuschia, and Michael Miller Ta Dot- Lagoon.



I love all the pops of color! I definitely recommend this pattern for anyone who is wanting to make a nice, large bag. The only thing I changed was add a little more interfacing in the pockets. I probably should have added some for the bag exterior too but I didn't want the bag to look too stiff. I think it'll be ok as it is.

I love my new bag!

13 comments:

  1. Bonnie! I love it!! This is such a cute bag! I love the fabrics you used!! Your piping looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! Love the outer fabric. So hip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! i love that dot on the inside and the cameo's are absolutely awesome! great make bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bag is SO adorable- and perfect for everyday. I don't think I could make it though, I have no sewing skills at all. Maybe I will try! Thanks for the inspiration! Maybe you could do a step by step tutorial?
    -Kendall
    {songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bag and your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute - I could use a go anywhere bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Supper cute! Any chance you will be making some for your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great bag, and I absolutely love the fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow.. Love the fabric and colors.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty! I want to make this bag as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!