Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

First off, I'd like to wish all you mommies a very Happy Mother's Day! You deserve to be spoiled today for all the hard work that you do for your babies!! My siblings and I took my mom out to breakfast this morning and I am beyond stuffed!

So last night, after I got home from Corpus Christi, I had the itch to sew something quick and pretty. I pulled out some of my favorite fabrics and used Jeni's drawstring bag pattern (I used the project bag size) to make a pouch for my ever growing pile of selvages.




Fabrics Used:
Fly a Kite by October Afternoon, Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt, Summersville by Lucie Summers and Sunkissed by Sweetwater

I just love those green seeds! I could seriously buy the entire bolt. I've been spending a lot of time cleaning and organizing my craft room. My fabrics are finally organized by color and I'm working on making more pouches and baskets to fill my cubbies.

I'll have more pictures to show you as I continue to set things up. We just finished moving the furniture around last week so I've still got to put things up on the wall and get a few more things set out. Feel free to send me mini quilts or cute wall decor!! haha

And now, for the winner of the PrintRunner Giveaway.... Random.org chose lucky #2. Congratulations Kendall! I'll contact you soon for your snail mail info! Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Bonnie!! Hope you guys had a blast! I looooove that fabric you used on the drawstring bag! I've been meaning to buy some! It's so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy mothers day cutie patootie! i love your new bag and i really really really really need to organize all of my fabric! it is such a mess in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! Yay! Thank you so much for having the give-away! Can't wait to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!!

      Delete
  4. Love the fabrics you picked out for your bag! It turned out adorable and it's definitely a smart place to store all those scraps. I'm a fellow sewer and I have to say, you have some great sewing skills!!! I'm co-hosting a party this week and I'd love for you to link this up: http://sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com/2012/05/co-host-linky-party-with-lines-across_13.html

    Thanks a bunch!
    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!